– ABOUT –
Gelmor Trading Company, Inc, or more affectionately known as Gelmor Lace, was founded in 1948 by three partners, all of whom escaped the Nazis and found their way to New York. Together with a family member in Lyon, France, they decided to import the highest quality French lace to the United States. From the beginning they served the ready to wear, bridal, and hat market. Unlike many of their competitors, they stocked the lace in New York so as to be able to serve their customers’ immediate needs.
Through the years, as tastes have changed and trends have come and gone, we have continued to add new styles and designs.
TO WANDER AMONGST
68 years later, now a second generation family business owned by the daughter of one of the original partners, our goals stay the same:
- Supply only the finest French lace from Calais-Caudry
- Stock the lace in New York for immediate delivery
- Never discontinue a lace
- Continuously add new patterns and colors
- Be ever attentive to our customers’ needs
- Provide exemplary service
- Be available to our customers and their needs at all times
Our lace is used by all the top designers in Bridal-Ready to Wear and Lingerie.
Our lace is available in the top fabric stores – a list is provided on this site.